Student Care offers independent information, advocacy, support and referral across a range of academic, administrative and welfare issues to all students enrolled at the University of Adelaide.
The Education and Welfare Officers at Student Care are all highly qualified social workers, familiar with supporting students to understand and navigate both University systems and processes along with those of external agencies.
YouX Student Care can assist with support with the challenges of balancing life and study demand, including welfare, financial, accommodation, legal and personal concerns.
Book your appointment
Appointments are offered in person, by phone or Zoom, noting some enquires can be addressed by email. We will be guided by your preference. We are open 9am to 5pm each weekday (Adelaide time).
Please phone 8313 5430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your appointment and include the following:
- Your full name and Student ID.
- A contact phone number.
- Preferred day and time for an appointment.
- A brief outline of the issue you are seeking assistance with.
- Attach documents or relevant files
All information provided to Student Care is confidential and shared only with agreement from the student.
We provide advice, support and advocacy on a range of University-related matters which include:
- Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
- Student grievances and appeals
- Replacement Exams/Alternative Assessments (MACA)
- Academic Integrity Breaches, e.g. Plagiarism. collusion, contract cheating
- Re-mark and Assessment matters
- Fees refunds and remissions
- Enrolments/ Restrictions
- Retrospective Withdraw No Fail (RWNF) (also referred to as Amendment to Enrolment)
Behaviour and Conduct
Support for students who need to access or respond to the
- University’s Safer Campus Community reporting process.
- Misconduct Rules
Additionally, we are available to provide information, referral and advocacy with external agencies for e.g., Centrelink and SACAT