Register your volunteering opportunity
Here at YouX, we can provide the opportunity for you to promote your volunteering program to over 20,000 University of Adelaide students. Before you register, please read the Terms and Conditions below:
- Organisations seeking volunteers must be a not-for-profit organisation
- You must provide the following:
- Event contact person from your organisation
- Name of the event
- Start and finish time
- Duration of the opportunity (on-going/one-off)
- You must provide a Role Description detailing:
- What volunteers are expected do to,
- How physically demanding the role is,
- When applications will close etc.
- Indicate how many volunteers you will need.
- Ensure volunteer shifts are no longer than four or five hours. If the shifts are longer, you must provide volunteers with at least a 30-minute break.
- YouX agrees to share and promote your volunteer opportunity through our volunteer database and digital platforms. After providing you with the volunteer names and their contact details, organisations must agree to manage volunteers by communicating a schedule and any other necessary details, including answering volunteers’ questions.
Communication with Volunteers
- In your communications with volunteers you must copy in the YouX Volunteer Coordinator and let them know the following:
- Any qualifications that you require from them
- Who is the key contact person and their mobile number (provide a headshot of the person if needed)
- Exact meeting point on the day (provide maps if possible)
- What to bring and what not to bring
- Expected attire, if there is one (e.g. closed in shoes)
- Any other information you want volunteers to know
After the Event
- You must provide comments on individual volunteer performance via Feedback Form, so each volunteer’s hours can be recorded with YouX.