2023 Best O'Week Stall Winner
- The University of Adelaide Project Management Society
Clubs Presidents Dinner Awards 2022
Best Inaugural Year: Adelaide Uni Karaoke Club
This award celebrates a Club that has formed within the previous 12 months.
- ‘Has really made an impact on the club sphere and pulled in many people…’
- ‘They have put forward multiple collaborations with various clubs from all sections of the YouX community, clubs which never would have interacted with each other otherwise…. And are always doing their best to ensure that everyone feels welcomed.’
Congratulations to the winner of the 2022 Best Inaugural Year, The Adelaide Uni Karaoke Club
Ace of Clubs: Chanelle Lai
The Ace of Club is an award aimed to recognise an outstanding individual achievement from within the Clubs space. Whilst we know that Clubs are a team effort, there are still individuals who go above and beyond to create inclusive spaces, and champion Clubs. This is a person who encompasses the values and ethos of clubs: passion, creativity, community & dedication.
- ‘A very nice individual who has put in so much effort into starting a new club as well as managing the club and hosting events every month even though she is also pursuing her honours at the same time’
- 'I personally think she has worked quite hard to juggle between her uni work and managing all the different collabs and events for the club. She is also very sociable and nice to the newcomers in the club and making sure they feel welcome during the events.'
- 'it is impressive how her and her club can have free events with free food every month'
Best Clubs Initiative: "Waite Up Late" by The Adelaide Uni Wine Club & The University of Adelaide Agricultural Association
This event was a fantastic initiative that encouraged students to step away from North Terrace. The Club had organised an incredible combination of wine and alcohol producers from all over the state in addition to local musicians and food vendors. The team was organised and creative, and pulled off the event expertly even after having to amend their original location due to weather. We love to see some regional representation and would like to give a big congratulations to the event Waite Up Late – run by The Adelaide Uni Wine Club & The University of Adelaide Agricultural Association
Best Club Collaboration : "Tri-Society Blood Drive" by Adelaide University Law Students Society, Adelaide University Medical Students Society and Adelaide University Engineering Society.
With well over 100 individual donations in late 2021, the Med Students came out victorious. But the event is running again this year, so we’ll be keeping an eye out to see if the ‘engies’ or law students can knock them out of top spot. Nominees thought the event was unique, engaging and really gave back to people in need. It made a competition out of an important cause and people are excited to see more of this in the future.